For people seeking addiction treatment for substance abuse, drug treatment centers offer numerous options. Including inpatient and outpatient rehab, continuing support groups and numerous kinds of therapies from both conventional and holistic medicine.
When people are ready to receive treatment for substance abuse, they have generally acknowledged that they have a problem. The next step is to locate some therapies and services designed to restore the individual’s health for a happier life in recovery.
Whatever type of addiction treatment a person chooses, the initial stage will invariably involve detox. Because of the significant potency of some substances, detox can produce withdrawal symptoms. That is uncomfortable and in some cases, life-threatening. For this reason, it is often recommended that people attend a detox program where they will be monitored throughout the process by medical professionals.
Finding the Right Fit in Drug Addiction Treatment
There are many different attitudes toward the issue of substance abuse. And people have different opinions about why some people can’t stop using drugs. This includes people who are struggling with substance abuse themselves. For example, someone with conservative religious beliefs may feel they have let their God down by becoming addicted to drugs. Someone with this belief system is best-advised to attend a drug addiction treatment program that is based on the principles of the 12 Steps. As it encompasses the belief in a higher power. However, not everyone has religious beliefs and so a secular treatment approach is more suited to them.
Some people seeking substance use disorder or drug allergy treatment for are reluctant to take more chemical medications to help them heal. There is a widespread belief that some drugs used to treat addiction do nothing but replace dependence on one chemical with another. People with these concerns often find the holistic approach to drug addiction treatment extremely effective, as it provides a more natural way of healing without the use of harsh chemical medications. Why Everybody Is Talking About Methadone Clinic
No matter what a person’s preferences or personal beliefs, substance abuse rehab should be tailored to meet their unique and specific needs. This means that a combination of therapies is likely to be used simultaneous in order to find the approaches that are most effective. This enables therapists and patients alike to prepare a strategy for maintaining recovery and preventing relapse when they leave rehab. It is important to recognize the needs of the individual rather than following a formula of treatment that is insufficient in supporting their recovery.
Types of Substance Use Disorder Rehab
There are two main ways rehab treatment is delivered, as follows:
- Inpatient Rehab: Patients are expected to live in the facility while receiving treatment. Which can extend into weeks and months depending on their progress? For some people, it can be an advantage to leave their familiar surroundings and everything they associate with drug or alcohol use in order to focus on getting better. Being among relative strangers who are also going through an addiction journey also provides patients with consistent support from others who fully understand them. In cases where someone has abused substances for a prolonged period of time. The more intensive nature of inpatient addiction treatment better meets their needs.
- Outpatient Rehab: A more flexible approach to addiction treatment, outpatient care allows individuals to remain at home. While they receive therapeutic support in recovery. Outpatient treatment is particularly important as a form of aftercare for someone who has completed a rehab program and is returning home. When a person is transitioning from rehab back into their daily lives. They can feel intimidated by the prospect of facing the triggers that would have previously led to them using. Outpatient aftercare provides them with the extra security of someone at the end of the phone. A specialist who can talk to them through difficult situations as they happen. Outpatient care is also more widely available. Making it more accessible to people searching for “drug treatment centers near me” using Google.
How to Tell if Drug Addiction Treatment Is Effective?
Most people would think that the obvious answer to this question is that treatment has clearly been successful if an individual has achieved and maintained sobriety. However, addiction and its treatment are more nuanced than that. According to the Office of National Drug Control Policy. There are specific factors that indicate the efficacy of a treatment program as follows:
- When a person has reduced drug use including complete abstinence or using smaller amounts less frequently
- When the periods between relapses become progressively longer
- An improvement at work or school through being more reliable and productive
- Relationships with friends, family, and partners have been restored
- Physical health has been improved, with fewer visits to the doctor
- Improved mental health that is characterized by better moods and positive behaviors
- They commit fewer crimes or minor misdemeanors
- Risky behavior decreases including such things as car accidents or drug-related fires.