It is very much apparent from the name itself that carnivorous diet recipes mean using all meat and other non-vegetarian products as the sole means of sustenance. The carnivore diet menu excludes all forms of greens from your diet. It means not vegetables or plant products, only meats, and seafood. Carnivore diet meal plan has found a home in the lives of many people. With each passing day, more and more people are shifting to a carnivore diet.
To any average human, it would seem odd to stick to one form of food. Wouldn’t one get bored? Of course, a carnivore diet meal plan does not offer you many choices. And after some time, you might start feeling bored as well. But people who adopt the carnivore diet say that following a strict meal plan like this one can battle autoimmune conditions more efficiently. Some individuals embrace a carnivore diet to lose weight.
What Is a Carnivore Diet Meal Plan?
Contrary to a vegan diet, you can eat only animal meat and products in a carnivore diet meal plan. In this diet, you will avoid fruits, vegetables, bread, or grains. And, limiting your dairy intake to low-lactose foods.
Replacing a high-carb diet with a high-protein and low-carb diet can help you lose weight in much lesser time. This is what a carnivorous diet does. It replaces your daily intake of high carbohydrates with high levels of protein. With a simple change like this one, the metabolism of your body is changed, and it soon starts shedding the extra weight.
Carnivore Diet Menu
Beginning with the carnivore diet meal plan is very easy. The following meal plan will help you adjust and stay focused during the initial stages of your diet.
- Breakfast: Steak and scrambled eggs
- Lunch: Salmon and Chicken breasts
- Snack: Cheddar cheese
- Dinner: Ground beef patties
- Breakfast: Feta cheese omelet
- Lunch: Smoked salmon and a sausage patty
- Snack: Chomps!
- Dinner: Ribeye steak
- Breakfast: Poached eggs with bacon
- Lunch: Roasted pork belly
- Snack: Sardines
- Dinner: Bone broth and roasted chicken
- Breakfast: Grilled ground beef burger patty
- Lunch: Shredded chicken with bacon
- Snack: Tuna
- Dinner: Bison burgers
- Breakfast: Chicken livers and scrambled eggs
- Lunch: 4 pork chops grilled or fried
- Snack: Hard-boiled eggs
- Dinner: Slow-roasted salmon
- Breakfast: 2 grilled chicken breasts with skin
- Lunch: Beef liver
- Snack: Sardines
- Dinner: Pork chops
- Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
- Lunch: Grilled chicken tenders
- Snack: Steak bites
- Dinner: Four fresh racks of lamb
No need to over-complicate this. In fact, you can have the meat of your choice you can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Carnivore Diet Recipes
The main objective of a carnivore diet is the supply enough protein and energy to your body. Your recipes need to be centered around this fact. It can be as simple as fried eggs, omelets, or crispy bacon.
If you want something different, you can go for some other recipes like roast beef, seafood, or pork. The entire essence of this carnivorous diet is to maintain a constant intake of high protein and to cut down on carbs. More protein means more energy.
You must have noticed that there is no slot for snacks. This is because meat and other non-vegetarian meals are full of protein. And this protein fills you with energy and reduces the habit of constant snacking.
Carnivore Diet Food List
It is understood that as the name suggests, you will just be eating meat. All meat-based products are included in this broad topic. But some people prefer to add a few things to this “meat only” plan. Here is a list of things that are usually consumed in a carnivore diet meal plan.
- Beef, ground beef, steak, lamb, pork chops, and beef liver meats with more fat content are preferred.
- Seafood, including trout, salmon, tuna, mackerel, shrimp, crab, catfish, and oysters.
- Low lactose of dairy, such as low-fat milk, cheddar cheese, and cream
- Bone broth is a great protein source.
- Use animal-based fats like tallow, lard, chicken, or duck fat to cook your food instead of vegetable oils.
- Chicken and turkey
- Pork, bacon, ham, and sausage.
- Eggs are the perfect combination of protein, fats, and essential nutrients
- Spices and seasonings like salt, pepper, herbs, and spices are allowed on the carnivore diet meal plan.
Knowing what to eat is just not enough. You should also know what to avoid. Under a strict carnivore diet meal plan, you should avoid consuming vegetables, fruits, seeds, and nuts. Other than this, one should also minimize the consumption of bread, pasta, and grains.
You much have understood by now that there is a simple rule- If it isn’t meat, it shouldn’t be in your diet.
Also, check out the benefits of a watermelon diet plan for 3 days.
Foods To Avoid On The Carnivore Diet Meal Plan
The Carnivore diet meal plan is extremely restrictive, so that means you need to avoid most of your usual snacks and meals.
Here’s what you can’t have on a carnivore diet:
- Nuts and seeds
- Plant-based oils
- Plant-based meats
- Alcohol and sweetened beverages
Carnivore Diet Benefits
You might be surprised to know how healthy can carnivore diet be. As said by many health professionals and dietitians, a carnivore diet is beneficial for people suffering from autoimmune conditions. It is a pro-anti-inflammatory diet that helps your body combat auto-immune problems in the most natural way possible.
Help Your Body to Be More Efficient
Usually, for autoimmune diseases, modern medicine recommends the use of steroids. They might help with the disease, but they have considerable side effects as well. Adopting a carnivore diet is the simplest way to improve your bodily functions.
Another great benefit of a carnivore diet meal plan is that it helps you lose weight. The carnivorous diet demands you to eliminate a lot of things from your diet. And that does not mean that any compromise is made regarding energy supply. You get the same amount of energy but in a different form. This reflects in your body weight.
Also, read Fast Weight Loss Diet Plan Lose 5kg in 5 days
Increases Testosterone Levels
Since you will be eating more healthy fats and protein on the carnivore diet meal plan, you will see an increase in muscle mass, strength, and energy levels. Healthy fats are responsible for optimal hormonal function, including testosterone, and a carnivore diet that is high in healthy fats has been shown to improve testosterone levels.
DOWNLOAD Carnivore Diet Meal Plan Pdf
Carnivore Diet Shopping list
Your shopping cart should be the food of edible animal products. Pick out whatever you like. It might be possible that you get bored of eating similar things day in and day out. Try to mix things up once in a while. Your shopping list should have the following things- beef steak, eggs, pork belly, bacon, and lamb chops. You can take anything that is meat.
Once in a while, shift to seafood like fish, crabs, and squids.
Carnivore Diet Meal Plan results
The carnivore diet helps you with a lot of things. If you choose to take up a carnivorous diet, you will notice the following changes in a short duration.
- No unnecessary snacking– Carnivorous diet is a diet rich in protein. This helps you meet your daily need for energy without any unnecessary snacking. This means that you only need three meals a day. Not only will this help you battle unhealthy eating habits, but imagine the amount of money you would be saving.
- Weight loss– Since a carnivorous diet helps you cut down carbs, it helps you lose weight at a much faster rate.
- Ketosis diet– After some time, the carnivore diet starts producing the same benefits as a ketogenic diet. It sets your body into ketosis, which means that your body will start burning fat in place of carbohydrates.
The carnivore diet meal plan focuses on only one product- Meat. And it is full of goodness. Not only do you get palatable food, but also a bunch of health benefits. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the carnivore diet meal plan is the new trend for healthy living.