When it comes to applying makeup, finding the most suitable routine for oily skin can be a real challenge. It is necessary to clean, tone and hydrate the skin to prepare it, although it is difficult to find effective products. Some ingredients (especially those that are made from oil) can increase skin fat levels.Applying makeup to the skin that is not properly cleaned can result in an unpleasant oily sheen that causes the cosmetics to run or disappear. It is important to follow some simple and amazing makeup tips carefully while learning how to get rid of oily skin permanently.
Face Cleansing for Oily Skin
Wash your face with a mild facial cleanser. Because the key to getting a healthy glow with makeup is to make sure your face is clean. Use a mild facial cleanser with balanced pH to remove dirt or excess oil from your skin.
- Consider using a cleansing gel since it is usually mild and does not contain excess oils that could make the oily skin worse.
- Avoid using products loaded with chemicals, since they irritate the skin and increase oil production.
- You can find mild cleansers in most pharmacies, department stores, cosmetics stores and large distributors.
Dry the excess water with a soft towel. Rubbing the skin very hard to remove water can irritate it, strip it of its essential oils and increase oil production. Better dry the face gently after washing it with a soft towel. A good way to dry the face is to touch on one side of the face to the other side. In this way, you are sure to eliminate water and help stimulate circulation.
Toner for Oily Skin
Apply a toner to the face and neck. Occasionally, some residue remains on the skin after washing it. Apply a toner to the face with a cosmetic pad to remove traces of cleanser, dirt or oil.
Persistent residues on the skin can stimulate oil production and prevent makeup from adhering to the skin or making it look fresh.
- Apply the toner in the same way you dried the skin.
- Look for mild toning with ingredients such as rose water, chamomile or calendula(English marigold). These remove waste effectively while also relieving the skin. You can also buy a toner specifically designed for oily skin.
- Avoid using astringent toning (including those with witch hazel) because they irritate the skin and stimulate oil production.
- You can find pontificates in pharmacies, department stores, and cosmetics as well as some large distributors.
How to Get Rid of Oily Skin Permanently
Moisturizer for Oily Skin
Even oily skin needs to be hydrated and applying a moisturizer can help match and refill the skin to apply makeup. After putting a little moisturizer on your fingers, press it gently along your face and avoid rubbing it hard.
- Make sure to press the moisturizer against the skin. You can even roll your fingers along the face while pressing the moisturizer on the skin. This will ensure you do not apply too much and will stimulate blood flow to give the skin a healthy, natural glow.
- You must buy a moisturizer without oil or a specific one for oily skin.
- Moisturizers are available in many pharmacies, department stores and cosmetics and many large distributors.
- If you are a woman with mixed skin (means that your skin has some greasy areas such as T zone and some dry areas), you should consider buying two different moisturizers. You can use a stronger cream on the dry part of the skin while applying a product without oil on the oily part.
How to Get Rid of Oily Skin Forever
Spray a makeup fixative. Before applying any makeup on the skin, lightly spray a spray of water or rose water for makeup. This gives the skin additional hydration and absorbs the oil, in addition to helping the makeup to be fixed on the face more effectively to give you a “natural” glow.
You should only lightly spray your face to give it a fresh shine. Spraying a lot will only melt the moisturizer.
Once you have sprayed the fixative, let it dry naturally for a few minutes before putting on your makeup.
Sprays of water or rose water are available in department stores and cosmetics, in some pharmacies and in large distributors.
Primer for Oily Skin
Consider a make-up pre-base. If you are going to apply a base, you can use a makeup primer once you have finished preparing the skin. In this way, you will help increase your natural shine and minimize makeup wear throughout the day. The pre-bases are light formulations that “prepare” the skin for makeup. You can get them in department stores or cosmetics and some large distributors.
- Apply makeup. If you have properly prepared your oily skin before applying makeup, you may need less makeup to obtain a more natural look. Consider using lighter or moisturizing formulas with dyes.
- Use makeup sponges to apply makeup. This allows you to minimize the exposure of the skin to the bacteria on your fingers. Just make sure to wash the sponge after each use or use a new one every time you put on makeup.
- With oily skin, you should consider purchasing one of the following types of base, which covers you without worsening oil production: mineral base, cream-powder base, compact powder base and various liquid bases with a matte finish.
- Also, consider using a compact or loose powder to help “fix” makeup or reduce any shine.
Please test any product or method on a small patch of your skin first to find if there are any reactions by the skin. If you feel irritation or any unpleasant feeling on the skin, you should use that particular product.
If you are having severe acne and symptoms of oily skin, you should consult the best dermatologist to protect your skin and get consistent skin care treatment. Please share your opinions and experiences in the comment section and you are always welcome to give your valuable suggestions.